Grand Prix Premium®
Hygain Grand Prix Premium® is a palatable blend of micronized grains, chaff, vitamins and minerals coated with RBO® Equine Performance Oil and molasses, ensuring a balanced nutritional diet suitable for medium to high performance activities.
- Micronized grains provide safe and cool energy and body conditioning.
- Bio-Available Chromium assists in lowering lactic acid levels.
- Amino Acids, the building blocks of protein for muscle development and to maximize growth.
- Chelated Minerals are highly available and support healthy bones.
- Natural Vitamin E for antioxidant, circulatory and cardiovascular functions.
- Bio-available Selenium to assist your horse's muscle metabolism.
- Pure Rice Bran Oil to maximise absorption and feed efficiency for muscle building.
Cooked and Flaked Oats, MICRBARLEY®, MICRMAIZE®, MICRLUPINS®, RBO® (Rice Bran Oil including Omega essential fatty acids and Natural Anti-Oxidants), Natural Vitamin E, Lucerne Chaff, Molasses, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Lysine, Bio-Available Selenium, Bio-Available Chromium and HYGAIN® Vitamin and Chelated Mineral Premix
|Crude Protein||10 %|
|Max Crude Fibre||12%|
Feeding Rates per Day*
*Intended as guide only, all variables should be taken into consideration.
Lactic Acid Decline
Healthy Muscle Metabolism
Min & Vit Power
GRAND PRIX PREMIUM®
Natural Vitamin E
This unique and highly stable form of Natural Vitamin E known as RRR-a-tocopherol is up to 5 times more bio available and potent than regular synthetic sources of Vitamin E. Research has shown that this form of Natural Vitamin E provides higher retention levels in plasma further aiding antioxidant, immune, cardiovascular, circulatory, neuromuscular and reproductive functions.
Selenium acts as an antioxidant to prevent fatty acid oxidation which can cause tissue damage. Research has shown that an organic form of selenium, is more readily absorbed and retained than selenium in inorganic forms
The addition of chromium to performance horse diets has been shown to reduce the build up of lactic acid at the end of strenuous exercise or the closing stages of a race and to increase the horse’s ability to store glucose.
- Introduce HYGAIN® GRAND PRIX® to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN®.
HYGAIN® GRAND PRIX® should be introduced to your horse’s diet gradually. Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, exercise intensity, desired body condition and climate.
HYGAIN® GRAND PRIX® is a palatable and readily digestible energy source. Care should be taken to match feed intake to workload.
Reduce feed intake on rest days, if horses gain weight and/or training regime is interrupted.
is a complete feed and as such the addition of other grains and supplements only serves to dilute the nutritional balance of the feed. Ponies on average will require 1-3kg of HYGAIN® GRAND PRIX® together with 1.5% of their body weight as quality roughage per day. Horses on average will require 3-6kg of HYGAIN® GRAND PRIX® together with 1.5% of their body weight as quality roughage per day.
During periods of heavy sweat loss additional supplementation with an electrolyte such as HYGAIN® REGAIN® is recommended.