Do you have a horse that is prone to Laminitis, Cushings, Equine Metabolic Syndrome, Tying Up or Insulin Resistance? Then do not wait and start feeding HYGAIN ZERO the low starch and low sugar complete horse feed today before it’s too late.
HYGAIN ZERO is high in soluble fibre (35 %), fortified with vitamins and minerals and has the lowest sugar content of any complete feed on the market.
- High fibre, low starch formula ideal for horses prone to metabolic related issues.
- No fizz, no fuss formula safe for horses prone to grain intolerance.
- High in soluble fibres to maintain a healthy gut. Probiotics to support a healthy gut and immune system.
- Low Glycaemic Index ideal for horses prone to Cushing's and insulin resistance.
- Highly digestible fibres providing conditioning.
- Biotin for rapid hoof development and coat conditioning.
- Natural Vitamin E for antioxidant, circulatory and cardiovascular functions.
Vegetable protein meals (canola meal), Legumes (lupin hull fines), Legume Hulls (soybean hulls, lupin hulls), RBO, Natural Vitamin E, Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Salt, Lysine, Methionine, Sodium Zeolite, Prebiotic (MOS), Bio-Available Selenium, Biotin and HYGAIN® Vitamin and Chelated Mineral Premix.Biotin, Natural Vitamin E
|Max Crude Fibre||35%|
|WSC less than||4%|
|ESC less than||4.5%|
|Starch less than||1.5%|
Hygain ZERO contains concentrated vitamin and mineral levels, however if intake is below feeding guide additional supplementation with a low intake balancing formula such as HYGAIN BALANCED or HYGAIN SPORTHORSE should be considered.
Fat – Hygain recommends the use of HYGAIN RBO Equine Performance Oil in cases such as PSSM or Tying-Up where horses may benefit from additional fat in their diet for concentrated slow release energy and general conditioning.
Electrolytes – In warmer climates and in cases of Tying-Up, Hygain recommends the use of HYGAIN REGAIN electrolyte replacer to replenish the mineral salts lost in sweat.
Cereal Grain Free
Slow Release Energy
Immune and Gut Defence
Selenium acts as an antioxidant to prevent fatty acid oxidation which can cause tissue damage. Research has shown that an organic form of selenium, is more readily absorbed and retained than selenium in inorganic forms.
Prebiotics incorporated in HYGAIN ZERO have a defined mode of action, promoting a healthy gut and supporting natural defences, essential for optimum health and performance.
Biotin, a water soluble vitamin is required by the enzymes responsible for protein synthesis and as a result is an essential vitamin for the healthy growth of hair and hooves. Research has shown that biotin improves skin and coat condition, increases hoof integrity and is widely recommended by farriers, veterinarians and scientists.
Natural Vitamin E
This unique and highly stable form of Natural Vitamin E known as RRR-a-tocopherol is up to 5 times more bio available and potent than regular synthetic sources of Vitamin E. Research has shown that this form of Natural Vitamin E provides higher retention levels in plasma further aiding antioxidant, immune, cardiovascular, circulatory, neuromuscular and reproductive functions.
Hygain ZERO is an innovative pelletised feed formulated with ingredients that provide a diet high in soluble fibres and low in starches and sugars.
Research suggests that diets high in Non Structural Carbohydrates (NSC’s), starches and sugars such as those present in cereal grains and cereal grain by-products (eg. bran, pollard) can cause or contribute to the severity of conditions such as Cushings Disease, Laminitis, Tying-Up, PSSM, Obesity, Insulin Resistance, Equine Metabolic Syndrome and other behavioural issues.
Hygain ZERO is a complete feed ration for horses and ponies that may benefit from a diet low in starches and sugars.
Hygain ZERO is a high fibre fortified formula designed to be fed with quality pasture approximating 1 to 1.5% of total body weight per day and where necessary, the diet may also be supplemented with hay. Soaking of hay is recommended for horses prone to starch/sugar related conditions (eg. Laminitis, Cushings, PSSM etc). If feeding oaten or wheaten hay ensure that grain content is minimal. The use of chaff is not required.
- Introduce HYGAIN ZERO to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.