Hygain Grotorque® is a micronized sweet feed concentrate scientifically formulated and balanced to meet the nutritional requirements of growing horses, mares and stallions.
Grotorque®, the breeders’ choice for weanling and yearling sales preparation.
- Complete Micronized sweet feed concentrate for improved digestion.
- Amino Acids, the building blocks of protein for muscle development and to maximize growth.
- Prebiotics to support a healthy gut and immune system.
- Pure Rice Bran Oil to maximise absorption and feed efficiency for muscle building.
- Chelated Minerals are highly available and support healthy bones.
- Natural Vitamin E for antioxidant, circulatory and cardiovascular functions.
- Probiotic aids in fibre, phosphorus and calcium digestion.
MICRLUPINS®, MICRBEANS® , Sunflower Seeds, Vegetable Protien Meals, Canola Meal, Lucerne Meal, RBO®, Natural Vitamin E, Lysine, Molasses, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Prebiotic (MOS), Probiotic (live yeast), Methionine, Biotin and HYGAIN® Vitamin and Chelated Mineral Premix
|Max Crude Fibre||10%|
Feeding Rates Per Day*
*Intended as a guide only, all variables should be taken into consideration.
**Depending on pasture quality and availability, grain may not be required.
Micronized for Digestion
Min & Vit Power
Immune and Gut Defence
Prebiotics incorporated in HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® have a defined mode of action, promoting a healthy gut and supporting natural defences essential for optimum health and performance.
Natural Vitamin E
This unique and highly stable form of Natural Vitamin E known as RRR-a-tocopherol is up to 5 times more bio available and potent than regular synthetic sources of Vitamin E. Research has shown that this form of Natural Vitamin E provides higher retention levels in plasma further aiding antioxidant, immune, cardiovascular, circulatory, neuromuscular and reproductive functions.
RBO® Equine Performance Oil is a blend of rice bran oil, omega 3, 6 & 9 essential fatty acids and natural anti-oxidants known to improve the health and structural integrity of cell membranes. RBO® oil plays an important role in maximising energy efficiency due to its energy dense nature and is digested efficiently in the small intestine reducing the ‘sugar high’ associated with high grain diets. RBO® promotes growth and development of the muscular system, top line and a healthy skin and coat.
Biotin, a water soluble vitamin is required by the enzymes responsible for protein synthesis and as a result is an essential vitamin for the healthy growth of hair and hooves. Research has shown that biotin improves skin and coat condition, increases hoof integrity and is widely recommended by farriers and veterinarians.
Probiotics are good bacteria that stimulate the activity of other good bacteria in the horse’s digestive tract. The addition of probiotics (live yeast) to equine diets improves fibre, phosphorus and calcium digestibility and increases gross energy, total lipid and amino acid absorption.
Formulated as a concentrate, HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® contains quality protein for fertility and reproduction, essential amino acids for muscle building, along with balanced levels of critical macro and micro trace minerals for sound skeletal development and Bio-Mos for optimum gut health.
The pellet in HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® provides the carrier for the minerals and vitamins ensuring even distribution throughout the feed and preventing separation in the feed bin.
HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® may be fed with grain such as oats or micronized barley to maintain condition and provide the energy for growth. Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements particularly with growing horses as excess energy may increase the incidence of developmental orthopedic diseases.
If horses are obese or at risk of a developmental orthopedic disease remove grain from the diet and feed HYGAIN GROTORQUE alone with chaff and/or hay. Seek professional advice.
HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® should be fed in conjunction with quality pasture, hay and/or chaff.
- Introduce HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.