Hygain® Prodigy® is a pelleted feed formulated for the breeder to meet the requirements of stallions, pregnant or lactating mares and growing horses.
Providing essential protein, energy and balanced levels of macro and micronutrients to ensure health, fertility and optimum growth.
- Prebiotics to support a healthy gut and immune system.
- Bio-Available Silicon for bone strength.
- Chelated Minerals are highly available and support healthy bones.
- Natural Vitamin E for antioxidant, circulatory and cardiovascular functions.
- Bio-available Selenium to assist your horse's muscle metabolism.
- Amino Acids, the building blocks of protein for muscle development and to maximize growth.
Canola Meal, Lucerne Meal, Vegetable Protein Meals, MICRMAIZE®, MICRLUPINS®, Millrun, Legume Huls, Lysine, Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Salt, Magnesium Oxide, HYGAIN® Vitamin and Chelated Mineral Premix, Natural Vitamin E, Bio-Available Silicon, Prebiotic (MOS)
|Max Crude Fibre||16%|
Feeding Rates Per Day*
|Weanlings||1.5kg - 2kg|
|Yearlings||2.5kg - 3.5kg|
|Pregnant 1st Trimester||1.5kg - 2.5kg|
|Pregnant 2nd Trimester||1.5kg - 2.5kg|
|Pregnant 3rd Trimester||2.5kg - 3.5kg|
|Lactating Mares||3kg - 5kg|
|Stallions in work||3kg - 4kg|
*Intended as a guide only, all variables should be taken into consideration.
Immune and Gut Defence
Healthy Muscle Metabolism
Min & Vit Power
Prebiotics incorporated in HYGAIN® PRODIGY® have a defined mode of action, promoting a healthy gut and supporting natural defences, essential for optimum health and performance.
Natural Vitamin E
This unique and highly stable form of Natural Vitamin E known as RRR-a-tocopherol is up to 5 times more bio available and potent than regular synthetic sources of Vitamin E. Research has shown that this form of Natural Vitamin E provides higher retention levels in plasma further aiding antioxidant, immune, cardiovascular, circulatory, neuromuscular and reproductive functions.
Research has shown that Bio-Available Silicon, a digestible form of monosilic acid has a role in bone physiology and metabolism by increasing osteoblastic (bone building) activity and decreasing osteoclastic (bone demineralization) activity, promoting optimal skeletal growth, integrity and durability.
Selenium acts as an antioxidant to prevent fatty acid oxidation which can cause tissue damage. Research has shown that an organic form of selenium, is more readily absorbed and retained than selenium in inorganic forms.
HYGAIN® PRODIGY® should be introduced to your horse’s diet gradually. Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, gestation and lactation status, work load, desired body condition, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. HYGAIN® PRODIGY® should be fed in conjunction with quality pasture, hay and/or chaff.
Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements particularly for growing horses as excess energy may increase the incidence of developmental orthopaedic diseases. Should this occur, remove HYGAIN® PRODIGY® and/or any grain from the diet and change to a concentrated feed such as HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® or HYGAIN® BALANCED® to maintain essential nutrient levels in the diet. Seek professional advice.
Where pasture quality and availability is sufficient to maintain body condition, HYGAIN recommends the use of HYGAIN® GROTORQUE® or HYGAIN® BALANCED® as a supplementary source of protein, minerals and vitamins.
Foals may be introduced to HYGAIN® PRODIGY® by ‘creep feeding’ from 2-3 weeks of age.
HYGAIN® PRODIGY® contains the nutrients necessary to maximize milk quality and lactation duration, fertility, optimal growth and development of musculo-skeletal system.
- Introduce HYGAIN® PRODIGY® to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water.
- Do not add additional vitamins or minerals unless directed by a veterinarian or nutritionist.
- For dietary recommendations and nutritional solutions contact HYGAIN.
Library | 03.10.21Mycotoxins and Safeguard EQ®
Library | 21.07.21Horse bones 101